For more than 10 years we have been changing the world for the better, by supporting innovative life sciences academics and entrepreneurs in Healthcare, Biotechnology, and Agri, Food and Bioeconomy to reach their full potential. Catalzye is an international market leader in obtaining funding for innovative companies and leading researchers for their ambitious R&D projects, from pre-clinical research up to clinical stage development and market entry. In addition, Catalyze provides strategic and business consulting to companies (start-up, small and medium-sized (SMEs), research institutions, and (start-up) campuses, empowering their research and innovation. Catalyze helps their clients to speed up, remain focused, get financed, create value and make impact.
Driven by the motto "for entrepreneurs by intrapreneurs", Catalyze values a commercial and collaborative mindset. This means that we regard our clients as co-development partners and that we approach the stakeholders within our projects with positivity and transparency. We pride ourselves for our dedication, characterized by a supportive and service-oriented point of view. We foster a can-do mentality and think in opportunities and challenges. Catalyze values team players that show initiative, creativity and ownership.
Catalyze is currently looking for a:
The Manager Consultancy is a higher level position within the company. The Manager Consultancy is the line manager of multiple Consultancy teams, each with its own Team Lead reporting directly to the Manager Consultancy. The Manager Consultancy closely works together with the other Managers Consultancy and reports directly to the Consultancy Director. The Manager Consultancy supports the Consultancy Director in defining and is responsible for implementing strategic plans and change management on behalf of the Consultancy Director and Directors team. This position requires you to go the extra mile in helping us build, expand and structure our fast-growing company, and ultimately work on our dream to become a globally acting full service consulting company.
The Manager Consultancy has to be able to empower and motivate the Team Leads and Consultancy teams, to share the mission and vision of the company and implement strategic plans and strive for operational excellence within the Consultancy department. It involves endresponsibility for the overall financial performance of the teams and/or department, the optimal deployment of personnel and resources, for execution of projects within the required time limits at the expected quality levels, and for further building/expanding of the consultant teams, personal growth of consultants and operational excellence.
- Implementing strategic and operational plans within the Consultancy organization together with other Managers Consultancy and Consultancy Director.
- Responsible for expected turnover and deviations from the set target of the teams and consequences, and design plans together with Managers Consultancy/Team Leads/Consultancy Director if needed.
- Responsible for personnel and resources deployment, necessary process improvements, and anticipated major deviations from required time limits or expected quality levels for project applications of the teams, and design plans together with Managers Consultancy/Team Leads/Consultancy Director if needed.
- Managing of Team Lead performance and providing support and direction for daily team management for optimal team performance and opportunities for growth within teams and personal development of team members.
- Develop solutions for complex situations to meet goals and objectives, and manage conflicts if needed.
- Planning optimal occupancy of the teams together with the Resource Planning Manager and Commercial Manager.
- Opening vacancies and guiding selection in case of growth demand in consultation with the Consultancy Director.
- Implementing specific SOPs regarding activities related to successful projects and project management, being part of the overall Catalyze quality system.
- Academic working & thinking level (MSc/PHD) preferably education in the biomedical field.
- Vast experience in the field of funding applications and with a variety of customers types in Life Sciences is a pre.
- At least 5-7 years of management experience on a senior level.
- Experience in working along SOP’s, quality systems, project planning and project management.
- Experience within an international company.
Competences and skills
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Can-do mentality
- Dare to make decisions
- Able to take risks
- Motivating and inspiring to others
- Empowering people
- Excellent people management, conflict handling and influencing skills
- A professional and dynamic working environment that values independence, entrepreneurship and self-development.
- A young, ambitious, and diverse team.
- A leadership position in a fast-growing international professional services company.
- A competitive salary with excellent secondary conditions including an annual cash bonus, laptop and mobile phone.
- Active support for training and career development.
- Perspective of permanent position after successful temporary appointment.
- Online Vitality & wellbeing program.
- Working from home supplies and allowance.
How to apply for this career opportunity?
We appreciate hearing from all qualified candidates by submitting your application by using our Online Application Form. For questions and more information about the Manager Consultancy vacancy, please contact Wijna Bekker (International Recruiter) on phone number 020-7234452.