EU Project Manager
Catalyze is characterized by the motto "by intrapreneurs for entrepreneurs" and values team players who are not afraid to show initiative, creativity and responsibility. We have a “can-do” culture where fun and professional development go hand in hand.
We have a strong passion for the latest technological innovations and support a variety of Life Science developments including, diagnostics, pharmaceuticals, medical devices and healthcare solutions. Our top consultants work with the best clients and projects in Europe and far beyond. We are an FD Gazelle award winning company and are looking for an;
EU Project ManagerWhat are you going to do?
The Project Management unit at Catalyze manages a large portfolio of EU and national funded projects.
As EU Project Manager you will be joining our growing and busy Project Management unit, and you will be responsible for a portfolio of European and national funded projects of Catalyze customers. You will form the central point of contact for a range of (international) partnerships as well as the different funding providers (e.g. European Commission). You will be the strategic partner and advisor to the project Coordinator as well as the partners.
On a day to day basis, an EU Project Manager in the team supports a portfolio of clients and projects in drawing up Grant Agreements and Consortium Agreements, working closely with the Business Development and Consultancy units. Post approval, you are responsible for the ongoing project management and support of the overall project, monitoring progress, changes in the project, as well as the financial, administrative and legal issues surrounding the project.
Working closely with the Coordinator, you will support project partners where necessary and contribute to the timely achievement of the milestones. You are (often) the mediator in a consortium, lead and chair meetings and are able to solve problems in the consortium when necessary and maintain overall structure in the project.
You give clear guidance and instructions, monitor deadlines and provide support for organizations administration in accordance with the contractual obligations and conditions with the EU. You maintain contacts with the partners and the EU.
The projects for which Catalyze carries out project management support are all of a biomedical, life science or biotechnology nature. Knowledge of these fields is therefore an absolute advantage as Project Manager. All European funding projects are state-of-the-art, multidisciplinary (universities, SMEs and research organizations) and contribute to innovation in healthcare and life science at an international level.
“As a Project Manager at Catalyze, I support a portfolio of cutting-edge technologically advanced research that will revolutionize the medical, life science, and agri-food fields. It is absolutely fascinating to watch these projects progress and very rewarding to facilitate them along the way.”
Kristine Stickney, Project Manager
- Ensure the correct execution of International subsidy projects in accordance with the legislation and regulations of the subsidy provider
- Reporting the progress of the project
- Reporting and submitting project results
- Organizing and chairing (international) project meetings
- Schedule and consult periodically with (international) project partners
- Reporting any project changes to the funding provider
- Managing and supervising the correct spending of the budget
- Advising project partners
- Collect relevant project information from participating partners. The Project Manager maintains close contact with the consortium partners and Lead Partner (PI) of the project
- Requesting amendments (changes) in the project and / or consortium composition
- Organizing and oversee Grant Agreement and Consortium Agreement process
- Contribute to strategic development of the Catalyze Project Management team
- Contribute to overall business and service development of Project Management activities
- More than 1 year of work experience as an EU Project Manager and / or Consultant
- Experience with financial and legal matters concerning international projects
- Experience with HORIZON2020 (including EIC Accelerator, FTI, FET OPEN, Eurostars)
- Experience with EU Grant Agreement process & drafting consortium agreements
- Experience with science communication and / or patient engagement is desirable.
- Academic working and thinking level, preferably in biomedical direction
- Excellent command of the Dutch and English language
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- A good team player and networker
What can you expect from Catalyze
- A professional and dynamic organization
- Possibility to travel internationally for the projects
- Space for independence, entrepreneurship, development and growth
- A young and enthusiastic team
- A competitive salary with good working conditions
- Prospects of permanent employment
How to apply for this career opportunity?
We appreciate hearing from all qualified candidates by submitting your application by using our Online Application Form. For questions and more information about the EU Project Manager vacancy, please contact Wijna Bekker (International Recruiter) on phone number 020-7234452.