Consultant Green and Sustainable Innovations
At Catalyze we strive to contribute to a healthier, sustainable world for generations to come.
The European aims to be climate-neutral by 2050. By then, the EU should be an economy with net zero greenhouse gas emissions. Reaching these objectives in the next 30 years requires breakthrough innovations and disruptive technologies.
Sustainable food production practices, circular approaches, climate change mitigation, restoring biodiversity, renewable energy, smart mobility, and a thriving bioeconomy will prove pivotal to realize the transformation into a sustainable Europe.
While many great relevant innovative ideas and technologies are emerging at an accelerating rate, it often proves difficult for academics and early-stage companies to make the translation from the lab to the market. “How to position the innovation in the market best?”, “How to obtain funding for the next development step?”, “With whom can I collaborate to lift my innovation to the next level?” are all essential questions on the road to success.
Catalyze is a consultancy company specialized in raising (non-dilutive and dilutive) funds for the most ambitious R&D and scale-up projects and technologies in the field of sustainable development and life sciences and health. Furthermore, we help our clients grow with dedicated management consulting services, market research, project management, business intelligence, and corporate strategies. These services are provided to various types of innovative organizations such as start-ups, Small Medium Enterprises (SME), large companies (multinationals), universities, and research organizations. For the Green & Sustainable Innovations department we are looking for a:
CONSULTANT GREEN AND SUSTAINABLE INNOVATIONS
What are you going to do
As a consultant, you develop projects, set up collaborations, conduct market analyses, work out business cases, make financing plans, and transform innovative ideas into complete project proposals.
The activities of the consultant are mainly focused on:
- Developing project proposals for our clients in the field of green technology and sustainability.
- Writing business cases and business plans for clients.
- Providing strategic advice on clients’ development pipelines.
- Providing strategic advice on the positioning of projects towards funding agencies.
- Performing market research and desk research into the diverse fields of our clients.
- Bringing together companies, universities, and research institutes to create high quality consortia.
Type of clients
The clients you work with operate in the field of green technology and sustainability. They include innovative startups, Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs), large corporations and multinationals, NGOs, associations, universities and research institutes
Catalyze is looking for enthusiastic consultants. The ideal candidate holds a PhD degree in a relevant field has expertise on topics related to green technology and sustainability or 4 years of relevant work experience. Furthermore, you have experience and thrive in a business environment. You are looking for a position where you can contribute to the development of green and sustainable innovations and develop your skills as a consultant in a commercial setting. The job requires strong communication and project coordination skills. Experience with applying for grants is an advantage. In short, a challenging job for an enthusiastic, entrepreneurial type that wants to be active in a professional, commercial, knowledge-intensive organization that determines commitment, flexibility, quality and teamwork.
- You are passionate about being a part of the solution of tomorrow’s challenges in the field of green technologies and sustainability
- You thrive in a commercial environment
- You have obtained a PhD in a relevant field, or obtained 4 years of relevant work experience, ideally in a commercial setting.
- Excellent project management and coordination skills.
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent English skills (writing & speaking). Excellent Dutch skills is an advantage.
- Excellent communication and editorial skills.
- Proactive and not afraid to take responsibility.
- Self-critical mindset with the will to deliver quality above all.
- True team player.
- Knowledge on conducting market analyses / business cases is an advantage.
- Basic knowledge in commercial aspects of green and sustainable innovations is an advantage.
- Experience in applying for grants is an advantage.
- Humor and creativity.
Our people and culture can be characterized as:
Dynamic: we have a positive attitude, we are full of energy and new ideas.
Ambitious: we are in it, to win it!
Young: we are a young-at-heart company
Innovative: We appreciate that we are constantly working on cutting edge projects
What can you expect from Catalyze
- A competitive gross salary based on experience
- 8% holiday allowance and an annual profit distribution
- 25 vacation days per year (based on a 40 hourly workweek). Optional you can buy 5 additional days.
- Commuting allowance (public transport 2nd class, most economical way, or € 0,19 per km with a max of 50 km one way)
- Remote working allowance (max €25,- per month)
- Employee contribution towards Pension insurance, our pension scheme is based on a defined contribution scheme. (NN)
- Training & development possibilities
- Great colleagues and pleasant and fun work environment
- Friday drinks, ski-trips and lots of other fun activities with your colleagues
- Healthy lunch in the office
- Vitality programm
How to apply for this career opportunity?
Are you interested in this position? Then we would like to receive your motivation with CV by submitting our Online Application Form.
For questions and more information about the Consultant Green and Sustainable Innovations vacancy, please contact Wijna Bekker (International Recruiter) on phone number 020-7234452.
Our organization focuses on enabling innovative medical technologies and is committed to improving overall health. For this reason, our organization is pro-vaccination regarding Covid-19.
At Catalyze, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status or any other legally protected characteristic.