Senior Consultant Green and Sustainable Innovations
At Catalyze we strive to contribute to a healthier, sustainable world for generations to come.
The European aims to be climate-neutral by 2050. By then, the EU should be an economy with net zero greenhouse gas emissions. Reaching these objectives in the next 30 years requires breakthrough innovations and disruptive technologies.
Sustainable food production practices, circular approaches, climate change mitigation, restoring biodiversity, renewable energy, smart mobility, and a thriving bioeconomy will prove pivotal to realize the transformation into a sustainable Europe.
While many great relevant innovative ideas and technologies are emerging at an accelerating rate, it often proves difficult for academics and early-stage companies to make the translation from the lab to the market. “How to position the innovation in the market best?”, “How to obtain funding for the next development step?”, “With whom can I collaborate to lift my innovation to the next level?” are all essential questions on the road to success.
Catalyze is a consultancy company specialized in raising (non-dilutive and dilutive) funds for the most ambitious R&D and scale-up projects and technologies in the field of sustainable development and life sciences and health. Furthermore, we help our clients grow with dedicated management consulting services, market research, project management, business intelligence, and corporate strategies. These services are provided to various types of innovative organizations such as start-ups, Small Medium Enterprises (SME), large companies (multinationals), universities, and research organizations. For the Green & Sustainable Innovations department we are looking for a:
SENIOR CONSULTANT GREEN AND SUSTAINABLE INNOVATIONSAre you passionate about being a part of a young and professional team that collaborates with our clients to make a positive difference in the world? As a senior consultant, you take the lead in project concept design and business case development, in finding and contracting suitable collaborators and in efficient application process management to obtain high quality funding propositions strategized to be successful.
- You want to contribute to solving today’s and future challenges in creating a green and sustainable planet.
- You have insight in state-of-the art green and sustainable technologies and in the commercial needs within the field.
- You are proactive and independent.
- You are a team player and easily connect to others.
- You have good analytical skills and you want to deliver high quality.
As consultants we work in teams of highly talented, studious people with different backgrounds. Our clients include world-leading experts and great entrepreneurial minds. This creates a highly inspiring environment that fosters continuous growth. With our keen understanding of the funding landscape we put our clients in the best possible position to attract funding, empowering them to change the world for the better.
Why Senior Consultant at Catalyze?
As a senior consultant you will be involved in:
- Leading and preparing high quality funding applications with our clients in the green technology and sustainability sector.
- Analyzing our clients’ competitive position and developing clear and compelling concepts for project applications and strategies that lead to success.
- Acting as collaborative partner for international public-private partnership consortia.
- Independently acquiring project partners and negotiating commercial conditions.
- Managing the application process in collaboration with clients and colleagues.
- Helping build a team and give guidance to (junior) consultants
- Taking a lead in knowledge sharing and in attracting new business
Type of clients
The clients you work with operate in the field of green technology and sustainability. They include innovative startups, Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs), large corporations and multinationals, NGOs, associations, universities and research institutes
• Relevant work experience in the consultancy sector for at least 5 years
• You hold a relevant MSc or PhD degree.
• You are looking for a position where you can contribute to the development of green and sustainable innovations in a commercial setting.
• You have experience in grant writing for public-private partnerships and larger consortia (such as Horizon 2020, EIC Accelerator, Eurostars) and understanding of the R&D grant landscape
In short, a challenging job for an enthusiastic, entrepreneurial type that wants to be active in a professional, commercial, knowledge-intensive organization that determines commitment, flexibility, quality and teamwork.
- You thrive in a commercial environment.
- Excellent project management and coordination skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent mentoring skills.
- Excellent people management skills.
- Excellent English skills (writing & speaking). Excellent Dutch skills is an advantage.
- Excellent communication and editorial skills.
- Proactive and not afraid to take responsibility.
- Self-critical mindset with the will to deliver quality above all.
- True team player.
- Knowledge on conducting market analyses / business cases.
- Basic knowledge in commercial aspects of green and sustainable innovations.
- Experience in negotiating is a strong advantage.
- Humor and creativity.
Catalyze is driven by the motto "for entrepreneurs by intrapreneurs" and values a commercial and collaborative mindset. This means that we regard our clients as co-development partners and that we approach the stakeholders in our projects with positivity and transparency. We are dedicated, supportive and service-oriented. We foster an open culture and a can-do mentality, and we think in opportunities and challenges. Catalyze values team players that show initiative, creativity, and ownership.
What can you expect from Catalyze
- A competitive gross salary based on experience
- 8% holiday allowance and an annual profit distribution
- 25 vacation days per year (based on a 40 hourly workweek). Optional you can buy 5 additional days.
- Commuting allowance (public transport 2nd class, most economical way, or € 0,19 per km with a max of 50 km one way)
- Employee contribution towards Pension insurance, our pension scheme is based on a defined contribution scheme. (NN)
- Training & development possibilities
- Great colleagues and pleasant and fun work environment
- Friday drinks, ski-trips and lots of other fun activities with your colleagues
- Healthy lunch in the office
- Vitality programm
How to apply for this career opportunity?
Are you interested in this position? Then we would like to receive your motivation with CV by submitting our Online Application Form.
For questions and more information about the Senior Consultant Green and Sustainable Innovations vacancy, please contact Wijna Bekker (International Recruiter) on phone number 020-7234452.
Our organization focuses on enabling innovative medical technologies and is committed to improving overall health. For this reason, our organization is pro-vaccination regarding Covid-19.
At Catalyze, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status or any other legally protected characteristic.