Innovation Consultant - Energy
The European Union aims to be climate-neutral by 2050. By then, the EU should be an economy with net zero greenhouse gas emissions. Reaching these objectives in the next 30 years requires breakthrough innovations and disruptive technologies.
Sustainable food production practices, circular approaches, climate change mitigation, restoring biodiversity, renewable energy, smart mobility, and a thriving bioeconomy will prove pivotal to realize the transformation into a sustainable Europe.
While many great relevant innovative ideas and technologies are emerging at an accelerating rate, it often proves difficult for academics and early-stage companies to make the translation from the lab to the market. “How to position the innovation in the market best?”, “How to obtain funding for the next development step?”, “With whom can I collaborate to lift my innovation to the next level?” are all essential questions on the road to success.
Catalyze is a consultancy company specialized in raising (non-dilutive and dilutive) funds for the most ambitious R&D and scale-up projects and technologies in the field of sustainable development and life sciences and health. Furthermore, we help our clients grow with dedicated management consulting services, market research, project management, business intelligence, and corporate strategies. These services are provided to various types of innovative organizations such as start-ups, Small Medium Enterprises (SME), large companies (multinationals), universities, and research organizations. For the Green & Sustainable Innovations department we are looking for a:
INNOVATION CONSULTANT ENERGY
Are you passionate about being a part of a young and professional team that is committed to make a positive difference in the world? As an innovation consultant, you work with client that operate in the field of green technology and sustainability. They include innovative startups, Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs), large corporations and multinationals, NGOs, associations, universities and research institutes. You will work close collaboration with our clients to transform their innovative ideas into projects and to set-up valuable partnerships. You take a leading role in conceptualizing and co-developing the project plan, development pathway and commercialization strategy. You act as the trusted guide and critical partner of our clients to lead them towards success. You will report to the Managing Consultant and have the opportunity to grow into a Managing Consultant or Senior Consultant position.
- You want to contribute to solving today’s and future challenges in creating a green and sustainable planet.
- You have knowledge of and affinity with state-of-the art innovations for the Energy Transition
- You are proactive and independent.
- You are a team player and easily connect to others.
- You have good analytical skills and you want to deliver high quality.
As consultants we work in teams of highly talented, studious people with different backgrounds. Our clients include world-leading experts and great entrepreneurial minds. This creates a highly inspiring environment that fosters continuous growth. With our keen understanding of dilutive and non-dilutive funding possibilities we put our clients in the best possible position to attract funds, empowering them to change the world for the better.
- You have a passion for Green and Sustainable innovations in general and the Energy Transition in specific.
- You are looking for a position in which you are part of the solution of tomorrow’s challenges in the field of green technologies and sustainability.
- You thrive in a business environment.
- A relevant Master’s degree; a PhD degree is highly valued
- Substantial experience (3+ years) in writing large (collaborative) grants, strategic plans or business plans, science communication, or in managing and coordinating large (collaborative) projects
- At least 3 years of work experience in a commercial environment, preferably in an advisory/consulting role
- Demonstrable insights into the development of Green & Sustainable innovations, from ideation to commercialization.
In short, a challenging job for an enthusiastic, entrepreneurial type that wants to be active in a professional, commercial, knowledge-intensive organization that determines commitment, flexibility, quality and teamwork.
- Excellent analytical, conceptual, and critical thinking skills
- Highly organized, independent, and result-driven with a strong commercial awareness
- Personal and situational leadership qualities
- Excellent process, communication and people-management skills
- Pro-active and not afraid to take responsibility.
- Excellent English communication skills (written and spoken)
- Proficiency in Dutch is an advantage
What can you expect from Catalyze
- A competitive gross salary based on experience with excellent secondary conditions.
- Permanent position after successful temporary (1-year) appointment.
- Opportunity to grow into a Managing Consultant or Senior Consultant position.
- 8% holiday allowance.
- 27 vacation days per year (based on a 40 hourly workweek). Optionally you can buy 5 additional days.
- Commuting allowance (public transport 2nd class, most economical way, or € 0,21 per km with a max of 50 km one way).
- Pension plan (defined contribution scheme via Nationale Nederlanden).
- Monthly working from home allowance € 2,15 per day based on 3 days at home and 2 days at office.
- Working from home supplies and a laptop.
- A clear career path and active support for training and career development.
- A professional and dynamic working environment that values independence, entrepreneurship, and self-development.
- Possibility to work completely location-independent for a maximum of 2 months in a year after successful 1.5 years employment. Think of working on the Spanish Coast, in an apartment in Berlin or in a gîte in France.
- Lease bike plan
- Benefits at work (discount on different products/service).
- Vitality & wellbeing program and healthy lunch in the office.
- Great colleagues with pleasant and fun work environment.
- Friday drinks, ski-trips, and lots of other fun activities with your colleagues.
- A young, ambitious, and diverse team.
How to apply for this career opportunity?
Are you interested in this position? Then we would like to receive your motivation with CV by submitting our Online Application Form.
For questions and more information about the Innovation Consultant - Energy vacancy, please contact Keerthi Sri (Corporate Recruiter) on phone number .
Our organization focuses on enabling innovative medical technologies and is committed to improving overall health. For this reason, our organization is pro-vaccination regarding Covid-19.
At Catalyze, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status or any other legally protected characteristic.