EU Project Manager
Driven by the motto "for entrepreneurs by intrapreneurs", Catalyze values a commercial and collaborative mindset. This means that we regard our clients as co-development partners and that we approach the stakeholders within our projects with positivity and transparency. We pride ourselves for our dedication, characterized by a supportive and service-oriented point of view. We foster a can-do mentality and think in opportunities and challenges. Catalyze values team players that show initiative, creativity and ownership. To expand our Project Management team we are looking for a:
EU Project Manager
What are you going to do?
The EU Project Manager role is a role within the Project Management department, which is a fast-growing department with a large and diverse portfolio of EU projects. We manage, monitor and provide expertise to our clients and ensure projects achieve maximum success and make impact.
As EU Project Manager you have at least 1 – 2 years of EU Horizon 2020/Horizon Europe project management and/or grant writing experience. At Catalyze, you will be responsible for managing a portfolio of projects, consisting of Eurostars, EIC and Horizon funded projects. You will also support (Senior) Project Managers on awarded European grant projects of Catalyze customers. Together you form the central point of contact for these (international) partnerships and the funding agency (eg European Commission). You form the sparring partner and advisor to the Project Coordinator, and partners.
As EU Project Manager you support the Project Management team in drawing up the Grant Agreements and Consortium Agreements, and all work related to this. Post approval, you are responsible for supporting the project management of the overall project, monitoring progress, changes in the project, as well as the financial, administrative and legal issues surrounding the project. In close consultation with the (Senior) Project Manager you will take care of the work of project partners and you contribute to the timely achievement of the milestones.
Funded projects for which Catalyze carries out project management activities are all in the biomedical, life science or green and sustainable innovation fields. Knowledge of this (or a similar) field is therefore an absolute advantage as EU Project Manager. All European grant projects, in which Catalyze plays a role, are state-of-the-art, multidisciplinary (universities, SMEs and research organizations) and contribute to innovation in healthcare, sustainability and life science at an international level.
Your activities are:
- Ensuring correct execution of EU (and other grant) funded projects in accordance with the legislation and regulations of the funder.
- Reporting the progress of the project.
- Reporting and submitting project results.
- Organizing and chairing (international) project meetings.
- Scheduling and consult periodically with (international) project partners.
- Reporting any project changes to the grant provider.
- Managing and supervising the correct spending of the budget.
- Advising project partners.
- Collect relevant project information from participating partners. The Project Manager maintains close contact with the consortium partners and secretary (PI) of the project.
- Managing, monitoring and adjusting the project budget.
Ideally you have/you are:
- Academic working and thinking level in a biomedical direction
- 1 - 2 years of relevant EU project management and/or grant writing experience: this is essential experience
- Current knowledge of laws and regulations regarding European grant funding is a desirable.
- Excellent command of the Dutch and English language.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- A good team player.
- A good networker.
What can you expect from Catalyze:
- A competitive salary with excellent secondary conditions including an annual profit distribution
- Permanent position after successful temporary (1-year) appointment
- Possibility to travel internationally for the projects
- Pension plan (defined contribution scheme via Nationale Nederlanden)
- Commuting allowance
- Working from home supplies and allowance
- A clear career path and active support for professional development
- Work anywhere you want for a maximum of two months per year
- Benefits at work (discount on different products/service)
- Vitality & wellbeing program and healthy lunch in the office
- Great colleagues and pleasant and fun work environment
- A professional and dynamic working environment that values independence, entrepreneurship, and self-development
- A young, ambitious, and diverse team
At Catalyze, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status or any other legally protected characteristic.
How to apply for this career opportunity?
We appreciate hearing from all qualified candidates by submitting your application by using our Online Application Form.