Business Developer Life Sciences and Health - Germany
Who we are
Catalyze is the partner of choice for innovators in Life Sciences & Health. We are a mid-sized consultancy company and an international market leader in obtaining funding for biomedical and healthcare-related innovations.
While many great relevant innovative ideas and technologies are emerging at an accelerating rate, it often proves difficult for academics and early-stage companies to make the translation from the lab to the market. “How to position the innovation in the market best?”, “How to obtain funding for the next development step?”, “With whom can I collaborate to lift my innovation to the next level?” are all essential questions on the road to success.
At Catalyze we commit ourselves to accelerate innovations that have a positive impact on the world. We are the driving force for innovations across the fields of Life Sciences and Sustainability. Our offering of strategic consulting services, funding consulting, project management and more, deliver impactful expertise for all development stages. With a proven track record and the highest quality and success rate in the industry, we aim to be the consulting partner of choice to drive the success of meaningful innovation projects.
Business Developer Life Sciences and Health - Germany
You will join a growing international team bursting with energy. You will make a positive difference in our professional and dynamic scale-up organization. Our reputation and teamwork enable you to work with high potential, high quality clients while discovering the edge of your experience and skills developed so far. Catalyze provides the right opportunities to elevate your career, in fast track, to the next level.
As business developers we work in teams of highly talented, studious people with different backgrounds. Our clients include world-leading experts and great entrepreneurial minds. This creates a highly inspiring environment that fosters continuous growth. With our keen understanding of the funding landscape we put our clients in the best possible position to attract funding, empowering them to change the world for the better.
At Catalyze, we value team players who are not afraid to show initiative, creativity and responsibility. We have an entrepreneurial “can-do” culture where fun and professional development go hand in hand. We have a strong passion for the latest technological innovations and we work with a variety of Life Science developments including diagnostics, pharmaceuticals, medical devices and healthcare solutions.
Why Business Developer at Catalyze?
As business developers we work in teams of highly talented, studious people with different backgrounds. Our clients include world-leading experts and great entrepreneurial minds. This creates a highly inspiring environment that fosters continuous growth. With our keen understanding of the funding landscape we put our clients in the best possible position to attract funding, empowering them to change the world for the better. As a Business Developer, you are an enabler to solve fundamental resource challenges that clients need to overcome to achieve their most important innovation objectives
As a Business Developer you will be involved in:
- Prospecting a client
- Attracting a diversity of new and follow up business for Catalyze guided by a pre-set target
- Scouting for high quality innovative projects/companies in the Life Sciences & Health sector through desk research / attending events/ leveraging your existing network/ conduct workshops and more.
- Identify the needs and challenges of your potential clients regarding funding and further growth on their journey to the market.
- Match their needs with the right Catalyze services and/or external international funding opportunities.
- Independently propose and negotiate commercial conditions.
- Independently create new services based on the needs and challenges in the market.
- Build up your own strong (inter)national innovation network with new and existing clients.
- After building your first client network, maintain existing customer relationships, visit conferences and attend client events.
- Thorough evaluation of projects and opportunities to raise funding
- Prioritization of projects in their portfolio
- The creation of tailor made solutions for your clients
In practice this means that when you have identified a strong match, you will negotiate the contract terms and close the deal which enables us to start working on, in most cases, their grant applications (and related projects). In addition, you will maintain existing customer relationships, visit conferences and attend client events.
Type of clients
The clients you work with operate in the international field of Life Sciences & Health sector. They include mostly innovative start-ups, Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs, Universities and Research Institutes. Your goal is to accelerate the development of their innovative products. By experience, we know that our Business Developers become valuable strategic partners for our clients, in managing innovations, growth and related funding challenges.
Cases - Transforming Businesses: Real Funding Success Stories
You have some sales & prospecting experience. Your relevant degree in Life Sciences gives you an advantage in understanding our customers when advising them on their research and development projects. You have a passion for innovation, and you strive to help our customers to bring their products to market faster.
- Excellent German & English language skills.
- Experienced professional with network in LSH start-up ecosystem in Germany.
- Your background can either be a PhD or Masters within Life sciences, Health Sciences or Biomedical, as long as you have affinity and network in relevant field.
- Minimum relevant work experience of 3 years.
- Having experience in grant writing for public-private partnerships and larger consortia (such as Horizon 2020, EIC Accelerator, Eurostars) and understanding of the R&D grant landscape is an advantage.
- You are looking for a position where you can contribute to the development of Life Sciences & Health innovations in a commercial setting.
- In short, a challenging job for an enthusiastic, entrepreneurial type who wants to be active in a professional, commercial, knowledge-intensive organization that determines commitment, flexibility, quality and teamwork
- You thrive in a commercial environment.
- Energetic self-starter with strong persistence and a long term commitment attitude.
- Excellent Sales and negotiation skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Goal oriented and solution-oriented thinker.
- Fast learner, with humor and creativity.
- Proactive and not afraid to take responsibility.
- Self-critical mindset with the will to deliver quality above all.
- True team player.
- Experience in negotiating is a strong advantage.
- Humor and creativity
What can you expect from Catalyze
- A competitive gross salary based on experience.
- Career growth path towards a Senior Business Developer powered by our Growth guide and Learning & Development opportunities.
- Performance based annual bonus.
- Permanent position after successful temporary (1-year) appointment.
- 8% holiday allowance.
- 27 vacation days per year (based on a 40 hourly workweek). Optionally you can buy 5 additional days.
- Commuting allowance (public transport 2nd class, most economical way, or € 0,23 per km).
- Pension plan (defined contribution scheme via Nationale Nederlanden).
- Monthly working from home allowance.
- A professional and dynamic working environment that values independence, entrepreneurship, and self-development.
- Benefits at work (discount on different products/service).
- Vitality & wellbeing program and healthy lunch in the office.
- Great colleagues with pleasant and fun work environment.
- Celebratory drinks, ski-trips, and lots of other fun activities with your colleagues.
- A young, ambitious, and diverse team.
Are you interested in this position? Then we would like to receive your motivation and CV by submitting your Online Application Form.