Business Developer Life Sciences Nordic region
While many great relevant innovative ideas and technologies are emerging at an accelerating rate, it often proves difficult for academics and early-stage companies to make the translation from the lab to the market. “How to position the innovation in the market best?”, “How to obtain funding for the next development step?”, “With whom can I collaborate to lift my innovation to the next level?” are all essential questions on the road to success.
We support leading researchers and companies to secure funding for ambitious R&D projects, from early-stage, pre-clinical research up to clinical-stage development. At Catalyze, we value team players who are not afraid to show initiative, creativity and responsibility. We have an entrepreneurial “can-do” culture where fun and professional development go hand in hand. We have a strong passion for the latest technological innovations and we work with a variety of Life Science developments including diagnostics, pharmaceuticals, medical devices and healthcare solutions.
We are growing our Business Development teams and we are looking for a:
Business Developer Life Sciences Nordic Region
You will join a growing international team bursting with energy. You will make a positive difference in our professional and dynamic scale-up organization. Our reputation and teamwork enable you to work with high potential, high quality clients while discovering the edge of your experience and skills developed so far. Catalyze provides the right opportunities to elevate your career, in fast track, to the next level.
What are you going to do?
As a Business Developer, for the Nordic region you are an enabler to solve fundamental resource challenges that clients need to overcome to achieve their most important innovation objectives.
- Thorough evaluation of projects and opportunities to raise funding
- Prioritization of projects in their portfolio
- The creation of tailor made solutions for your clients
In practice this means that when you have identified a strong match, you will negotiate the contract terms and close the deal which enables us to start working on, in most cases, their grant applications (and related projects). In addition, you will maintain existing customer relationships, visit conferences and attend client events.
You will work with universities, companies and research institutes in Europe and your goal is to accelerate the development of their innovative products. By experience, we know that new Business Developers become valuable strategic partners for our clients, in managing innovations, growth and related funding challenges.
What are we looking for?
Your degree in Life Sciences gives you an advantage in understanding our customers and their projects. You have a passion for innovation and strive to help our customers to bring their products to market faster. Ideally, you already have a network in the Life Sciences industry and you have knowledge of EU grants.
Need to have:
- Minimum of 2 years' work experience.
- Master or PhD degree in Life Sciences, Health Sciences or Biomedical.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Command over English language
- Energetic self-starter with strong persistence.
- Goal oriented and solution-oriented thinker.
- Fast learner, with humor and creativity.
- Knowledge of / experience with grant applications
Nice to have:
- Sales / prospecting experience.
- Knowledge of various funding constructions (grants, equity, loans, etc.)
- Work experience in the Life Sciences and/or healthcare industry.
- Experience/network in the Life sciences field (SME companies and/or academia)
- Swedish or Danish speaking skills
- A competitive gross salary based on experience.
- Performance based annual bonus
- Permanent position after successful temporary (1-year) appointment.
- 8% holiday allowance.
- 25 vacation days per year (based on a 40 hourly workweek). Optionally you can buy 5 additional days.
- Mobility Allowance
- Pension plan (defined contribution scheme via Nationale Nederlanden).
- Monthly working from home allowance.
- A clear career path and active support for professional development.
- A professional and dynamic working environment that values independence, entrepreneurship, and self-development.
- Benefits at work (discount on different products/service).
- Vitality & wellbeing program and healthy lunch in the office.
- Great colleagues with pleasant and fun work environment.
- Friday drinks, ski-trips, and lots of other fun activities with your colleagues.
- A young, ambitious, and diverse team
How to apply for this career opportunity?
Are you interested in this position? Then we would like to receive your motivation with CV by submitting our Online Application Form.
Our organization focuses on enabling innovative medical technologies and is committed to improving overall health. For this reason, our organization is pro-vaccination regarding Covid-19.
At Catalyze, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status or any other legally protected characteristic.